Position Announcement: Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader
Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader for the anticipated Feed the Future Guinea Agricultural Services: Agricultural Information, Knowledge, and Technology (AIKT). Activity responsibilities, duties and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants may go to Winrock’s job page at www.winrock.org to complete an online application, submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader, Guinea Agricultural Services by June 17, 2016.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader
DEPARTMENT: Agriculture & Enterprise
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
Winrock International is currently recruiting Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader candidates for the anticipated Feed the Future Guinea Agricultural Services: Agricultural Information, Knowledge, and Technology (AIKT) Activity. This will be a multi-year, $14.5 million cooperative agreement seeking to train young Guineans as agricultural entrepreneurs, produce high quality information for agricultural businesses and producers, provide demand-driven extension and advisory services, and co-develop profitable and practical agricultural technologies with the private sector and research and development institutions. The project will take a market-focused, private sector-led approach that will ensure the sustainability of the activity beyond the cessation of donor funding. The Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader position will be based in Guinea and is subject to a project award being made to Winrock International.
The Extension and Advisory Services Team Leader will be responsible for implementing activities related to information, extension, and advisory services for farmers to improve productivity and profitability of rice, horticulture, and livestock (as well as other profitable niche value chains) based farming systems and to improve nutrition in rural areas. He/she will need to ensure a balanced gender profile in extension services and farmers reached. Working to strengthen the quality of the overall public and private EAS systems in Guinea, the Team Leader will facilitate linkages between Guinean private enterprises and extension service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, agriculture, health economics, international development, social science or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively senior experience working with extension and advisory services or donor-funded programs on farming productivity;
- Demonstrated experience ins farming systems, food security and nutrition;
- Experience within or specific to Guinea strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of value chain links. Human and Institutional Capacity Development, monitoring and evaluation and development of multi-sector PPP partnerships components
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent French language communications skills required.
- Proficiency in English is a plus (3 writing/3 speaking level).
- The incumbent must be willing to travel 50% of the time country-wide in difficult conditions.
Créé le mercredi 18 mai 2016 1:05
Nous vous proposons aussi
Visite et discours du Premier Ministre chez Chalco Guinea Company : travailler en harmonie pour faire avancer le pays